The high quality architecture at Roussillon Park respects the unique character and traditional values of its setting. Great care has been taken to protect and retain some of the barracks’ original features including the magnificent flint wall, which ribbons historically around the site. This wall has been intermittently opened up to provide access to the surrounding streets.
We have also taken care to preserve and accentuate some of the natural aspects of the park. These features include mature trees and established shrubbery; these now weave seamlessly into the revised landscape.
Roussillon Park has a notable character. This identity has been created through the sensitive rejuvenation of Georgian architecture, whilst avoiding the pastiche that has blighted many new developments. The development seeks to accommodate a rich variety of homes that reinforce the sense of place.
The interesting network of streets has been planned to allow for organic traffic calming and Roussillon Park set new standards for pedestrian and cycle-friendly design. An efficient series of well-planned routes traverse Roussillon Park and consciously promote flawless movement around the development. The scheme integrates fluently with existing roads, paths and surrounding development.
Exemplary landscaping, and innovative paving treatments, contribute to the park’s distinctiveness. Easily accessible public areas have been thoughtfully located to ensure that every home is within walking distance of green space. Further enhancements include home-zones and sheltered play areas.
Attention to detail in the design of the car parking ensures that vehicles are located predominantly off street. Discreet parking courtyards and bays located between paired villas are key to this strategy.
- Domestic hot water and heating are supplied from a biomass district heating system with 100% gas boiler back-up.
- Garages are fitted with light and power and wired for an electric door as an option
- Rainwater Harvesting to most houses
- High quality solid FSC European Redwood front doors
- Solid oak or shaker style internal doors depending on house type
- Contemporary chrome door furniture
- Solid timber double glazed and highly efficient windows
- Very secure door and window locks
- Garden sheds supplied to all dwellings with gardens
- Cycle storage available to all
- Composter for each house and communal apartments
- Provision for PV to all houses
- Modern high quality white suites with thermostatic shower over family bath and clear glass shower screen
- Porcelanosa tiling to en-suites (fully tiled), family bathrooms (half tiled) and cloakrooms
- Vanity units (master bedroom) with mirror light to all wash basins
- Chrome heated towel rails
- Granite or solid oak worktops
- Under pelmet lighting
- Soft close hinges and drawer runners throughout
- Fully integrated appliances
- Good quality stainless steel hob with stainless steel/glass lit extractor
- Good quality stainless steel ovens
- Fully integrated ‘A’ rated dishwasher and fridge freezer
- Washer dryer to some homes